Am I the only person who finds it incredibly difficult to shop for gifts for my spouse? I mean, I truly love the guy, and I know him better than anyone else, so buying him a gift shouldn’t be too hard right? Wrong! My husband is the kind of guy that knows what he
I decided to make this awesome gift idea my own this past summer for his birthday and it was a hit! There’s just something about it that makes it so easy to think up gift ideas based on each sense.
Keep reading to see how I put it all together and to download my custom gift tags!
5 Senses Gift – What is it?
OK, so maybe you don’t exactly need an explanation. The idea behind the 5 Senses Gift is to give a gift that plays to each of your recipient’s senses: Touch, Taste, Sight, Sound, and Smell. The best part is you can get really creative and create a collection of gifts that invoke a certain theme or activity, or you can switch it up and give something truly unique for each sense.
5 Senses Gift Ideas:
- Cashmere sweater
- Cozy blanket
- Massage (bonus points for a couples massage)
- A special evening of “alone time” (wink, wink)
- Candy (I made my husband his favorite – chocolate covered cherries)
- Homemade treat/dessert
- Meal out at a favorite restaurant
- A collection of tasty snacks from their childhood
- Tickets to a sporting event or play
- Their favorite movie on Bluray or DVD
- Afternoon at the planetarium
- Lingerie (for you – that’s a win win for everyone)
- Tickets to a concert
- Add to their vinyl collection (my husband loved this one!)
- Subscription to XM radio
- Itunes gift card
- Their favorite fragrance
- An essential oil diffuser
- Aromatherapy session
- Scented candles
It would be so fun to create a theme and work within it! Some of my favorite ideas are:
- Sports theme: Let their favorite sport or team inspire you
- TV Show theme: Pick their favorite show and base your gifts off of the characters, location
andevents of the show
- Christmas (or holiday you’re celebrating) in _____ (pick your state or hometown): base your gifts on a location that has significance to the recipient
- Techie, Woodworking, Bar, etc theme: Let their unique hobbies and interests speak to you!
5 Senses Gift Tags
Now that your creative juices are flowing, it’s time to wrap up your gifts and label them appropriately. I designed a set of 5 Senses Gift tags (including an IOU card – sometimes those online gifts are on back order!) that are neutral, modern and appropriate for any person you’d like to give the 5 Senses Gift to. The great part about this gift idea is that it can truly be customized to fit anyone!
There are two options: a simple straightforward tag with just the sense title, and a more romantic option with quotes. Just choose the one that suits your recipient the best!
Just enter your info and hit download and the link will pop up. By downloading these tags, you agree to use them for personal use only. Commercial use is not allowed, and it’s just not nice and will prevent me from being able to release free content in the future.
I hope this helps to alleviate some of the gift guessing game that you play this time of year. I know thinking of gifts in these categories has made it so much easier to purchase gifts for my husband!
Stay Dairing (and happy giving).
Don’t miss out on freebies like this one – sign up for my newsletter to receive notifications of new posts and subscriber only exclusives!